Where do I file for a conservatorship?

A conservatorship must be filed in the county where the individual with a disability resides. In Davidson County you can file a petition in the Probate Court Clerk’s Office located on the third floor of the Historic Courthouse in downtown Nashville. In other counties, you can file a petition in any probate court or other court of appropriate jurisdiction in the county of residence of the alleged person with the disability. If filing outside Davidson County, check with the court clerk in the county where you intend to file to confirm which court hears conservatorships. You are strongly advised to hire an attorney to assist you with this process.