“A [person] with a disability needs support. Stand behind him, champion and back him! Believe in him and have expectations! They inspire hope, excitement, eagerness and success!”
– Joan Scanlon-Dise
Local Court Information and Forms
Davidson County Probate Clerk’s Office:
- Probate Home
- Probate Forms Annual Accounting – Example Guide
- Probate Fees
- Local Rules
- Fiduciary Duty Instructions
Governmental Support for General Resources
- Metro Social Services Department
- Tennessee Department of Human Services
- TennCare Medicaid
- Federal Benefit Finder
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly
- IRS Interactive Tax Assistant
To apply for TennCare Medicaid apply here.
To apply for Medicare apply here.
To apply for SNAP (Foodstamps) apply here.
To apply for CHOICES (Long Term Care Coverage) contact the AAAD at 1-866-836-6678 or learn more here.
To apply for Cover Rx (Prescription Drugs Assistance) apply here.
Reporting Abuse and Protection of Adults
General Information About Conservatorships and Disability
Services and Providers
- Paying For Senior Care
- COA Senior Directory
- 2-1-1 Tennessee
- Vanderbilt Disability Pathfinder
- Gilda’s Club (Cancer Support)
- Mesothelioma Guide
- Empower TN
Housing and Transportation
Mental Health or Disability
- Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- The Arc Tennessee
- Mental Health of America of Middle TN
- Sleep Help – Autism
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- Greater Nashville Regional Council, Public Guardianship Program for the Elderly
- Fifty Forward, Inc.
- National Council on Aging
- Recovery Programs on Aging
- Justice For All
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands
- TN Free Legal Answers
- Tennessee Justice Center
- Nashville Bar Association Lawyer Referral